Making it easier for the patient in the evolving environment of COVID-19
Reducing patient burden has never been so important as we navigate through a global healthcare crisis. Making it convenient for the patient to continue assessments and stay engaged in the trial will support the patient and help you to keep your trial on track.
Specialised In-Home clinical solutions delivered by Symphony Clinical Research (Acquired by ICON in 2019) can be provided in all phases and a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Some of the benefits include:
- Increased patient retention – patients are less likely to drop-out as participating is so much easier for them
- Improved compliance – with more individual attention, the healthcare professional will be able to address any question so that the patient will be able to understand more fully aspects of the trial to remain compliant.
- Enhanced patient enrollment – patients will consider participation because of the option to interact with study staff either at home or in more convenient locations
Symphony Research has successfully deployed these services for a range of clinical trials and has a comprehensive network throughout the world.
Webinar: In-home visits to reduce patient burden
The FDA guidance on clinical trials during COVID-19 advised sponsors to evaluate alternative methods for safety assessments to protect patients, where necessary and feasible.Watch the webinar recording
Solutions are tailored to specific study requirements, patient populations and include the following options:
- Study drug administration (infusion, inhaled, injection, topical, oral)
- Blood collection or local and central laboratory processing (PK, PD, safety labs)
- Biological sample collection
- Vital signs, weight and height
- Training, coaching, and education for patients (selfadministration)
- Timely communication for Site safety and reporting
- Patient questionnaires and diaries
- Device education and management
- Medical waste disposal
- ICH/GCP, data security and privacy, dangerous goods and other regulatory compliance
Contact us today to find out how reducing burden in clinical trials can improve predictability in clinical trials.
In-home clinical trial blogs
Minimise COVID-19 impact with in-home clinical services
Adapting clinical trial protocols can help to keep participants enrolled.
Making the move to virtual clinical trials late-phase research
A guide to conducting late-phase research directly with patients.
Patient participation in multiple clinical trials
Successful clinical trial recruitment requires a thorough understanding of the target patient profile.